give my love to rose.


__________________________________________________________________________________

my aunt rose zipped through omaha with my parents the other week. we got dinner at one of my favorite omaha restaurants, mcfosters, took a tour of her and my mother's childhood haunts in omaha and spent some time in conversation back at my apartment.

i know i get antsy to hit the road sometimes, but evenings like these are certainly among the reasons i'm happy to be living in nebraska. call me a homebody; i can take it. there's something comforting in the presence of family. i'm grateful for the time i'm afforded, even if it's only infrequent at best.

the picture below is of my mom, who doesn't really like having her picture taken but who is beautiful in my humble and obviously not biased opinion.


__________________________________________________________________________________