life as an unwritten rule


















(hey! those are my feet!)

*ahem*

a time or two in high school and college, i found myself under the gun with a few academic pursuits that required work at a desk or at a computer. i used to say that these academic deadlines and their darned inevitability were all part of my "chaos theory of intersecting and inevitable instances." i'll save you the long and short of it and instead say that this particular chaos theory basically says that it all works out ok in the end.

but just to prove the theory right, i would take extra measure to insure the deadlines were met. in fact, i would go so far as to take a belt to buckle around myself and into the chair at my desk. neither i nor the chair were going anywhere.

well, as a way of apologizing to the two people who still read this blog, i'm letting you know that i've had a couple weeks where i've all but buckled myself into my seat in pursuit of some grant and language goals. i have taken some pictures, however. i promise.

i even have some saved up, which means that i'll make a point of posting a few times this week. so stay tuned. in the meantime, stay cool and keep those feet moving.

















(the slowdown again. shocking. i know.)